Location: Austin, TX
*Candidates should already be located in or willing to relocate to Austin.
KinderTown is an early stage company working on bleeding-edge, mobile technology for early childhood education. The KinderTown team combines authoritative knowledge of education with deep technology expertise. We’re seeking a lead software engineer with extensive mobile experience to help us create the next evolution of the KinderTown platform.
KinderTown’s first product, the KinderTown app, is an educational app store and teaching guide that helps parents find the best iPhone and iPad apps for kids 3-8 years old. In less than a year, the KinderTown app has attracted more than 200,000 users with double digit, month over month growth. KinderTown has appeared in TIME, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Wired, VentureBeat, and TechCrunch.
KinderTown is funded through revenues and by KinderTown founder Steve Welch. Steve is a successful entrepreneur, early stage investor, and partner at Dreamit Ventures. Previously, Steve founded Mitos Technologies, a biotech manufacturing firm which he eventually sold to Parker Hannifin.
- Developed and deployed a native iOS app
- Mastered at least one OOP language, preferably Objective-C
- Mastered at least one web application development framework, preferably Ruby on Rails
- Built applications leveraging infrastructure in the cloud
- Used agile methodologies in software engineering
- Recruited and managed a development team
- Formulated a technical roadmap based on business requirements
Ideal (But not required) Experience:
- Objective-C, iOS SDK, Core Data, in-app purchases/subscriptions
- iOS app performance tuning using Instruments, iOS automated testing
- HTML5 mobile apps
- Consuming RESTful APIs
- Facebook iOS SDK, Facebook Graph
- Experience deploying to Heroku, AWS, Git
- Experience with Parse, Flurry, RestKit, TestFlight
- Self-motivated and can make critical decisions in the absence of complete information.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willing to take on any task, big or small
Salary based on experience and skill set plus equity consideration
Please email Steve Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We don’t have a standard procedure for what you need to send us, but give us enough information about yourself to decide whether a phone call or in-person meeting would make sense. That information could be a resume, a cover letter, a link to a blog, a link to your apps, your own personal website, whatever.